If you’re looking for alternatives to packaged candy for Halloween “Trick or Treat” favors, these Peeps Marshmallow pops are quick, cheap and easy to make!
Supplies you need:
- PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Candies – sold in the Halloween Candy section at most grocery stores, department stores or drug stores – Typically 2/$3 for a package of 9 ghosts
- Retro Paper Stripey Straws – we have them available in 13 colors in our Etsy shop $3 for 12 – which would make 24 pops.
- 3″ x 4″ Plastic treat bags (I got them for about $3 for 100 at Michaels)
- Ribbon or Raffia to tie them
- Scissors (to cut the straws & ribbon)
- Knife with a sharp tip
Start by cutting the straws in half. Your Pop Sticks will be approximately 4″ long.
With your knife, poke a hole in the bottom of each to make a hole, then insert the stick.
Next, put a food-safe baggie over top of each ghost.
Then cut a piece of ribbon and tie it around the bottom of the bag to secure it.
And you’re done!
Wasn’t that easy? It took me 15 minutes to make 18 of them!