I tried re-stacking them differently but felt it was too risky to stack the cubes too high in case my 1 year old decided they would be great to climb. Instead, I started from scratch with toy organization.
First, I went through all the toys & resold the ones my daughter had ‘outgrown’ or had no interest in. Then I had some $$$ to work with to buy something to organize with, and I could see what I had left for toys to work with!
- 1 – EXPEDIT Shelving unit – $69.99
- 2 – EXPEDIT Insert with door – $20/ea
- 2 – EXPEDIT Insert with 2 drawers – $35/ea
- 1 – 6″ CAPITA Leg - 4pk – $12
- 2 – PRÄNT Box with lid – $12.99/ea
- TOTAL COST: $217.97 (plus tax)
- They brought the height of the bottom row up to be better in my reach from a wheelchair so I can easily access the storage!
- To keep the top out of my daughters reach (for lamps, jewelry box, piggybank etc)
Then I added a few of my other DIY projects for additional storage-
$13 PRANT Boxes I painted and added decals to, for storage for additional toys & books:
My drawstring toy sacks fit great in one of the canvas bins to separate block sets:
On top of the EXPEDIT storage I have the $20 GRÖNÖ lamp set I made shades for:
Then I put them all together, and we have very organized toy storage for under $300!!!
And for a table to play at, I hacked IKEAs $20 LATT Table & Chairs:
And above the table is our DIY wall shelves for books!
So that’s the tour as for how we used my DIY Tutorials at our house!